Virtual Grad Gala- Friday, May 7, 2021
You are invited to the Virtual Grad Gala on May 7th, 2021
Location: The comfort of your own home
Time: 6:30pm (If that time does not suit you and your loved ones, you can do it anytime that works for you)
Details: All the videos will be uploaded to our YouTube channel shortly before 6:30pm to be watched in the order listed below. You are more than welcome to share the link with extended family members who wish to join in the celebration.
• Opening Remarks and Welcome to the Class of 2021 – Kevin Wood
• Toast to Friendship – Madi Andres & Jaime Jakovljevic
• Toast to Memories – Anna Theoret
• Toast to Staff – Emily Miller & Kennedy Moland
• Reply from Staff – Janay Walstra & Tammy Dorchak
• Toast to Guardians & Parents – Maddy Patrick & Josette Bond
• Reply from Guardians & Parents – Brant and Karly Bond
• Grad Video created by Madison Bronk
• Closing Remarks – Chinook High School Staff Video to the Grade 12’s
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/ChinookHighSchool
Convocation- Friday, June 18, 2021
Convocation Updates & Reminders
With Drive-In Convocation ready to roll next Friday, here are a few important updates and reminders for our grade 12’s and their families. You can find more detailed information here: http://chs.lethsd.ab.ca/download/347784
1. Please take a close look at the schedule included in the link above. Ensure you know and understand the following:
• Arrival and start time. We cannot stress enough that we will be starting on time. Late vehicles may not be permitted in the lot to ensure the safety of students walking through the lot to get to the stage.
• Know your advisor and what color section they fall into. It will be either Gold or Red. Students will be called by section color, not advisor group.
• Grads, remember to wear your mask when you leave your car. You will be permitted to remove your mask before you walk across the stage for your photo on stage. We are only providing photography for grads on stage. Masks will need to be put back on while making your way back to your car.
2. There will be no access to the school. Please plan accordingly as there will not be access to indoor or outdoor washrooms.
3. Last year families found the area in the front of the school, next to the Chinook sign, a great place for students wishing to get a picture. Feel free to safely utilize this area outside of school time. Please know that this photography opportunity will not be available the day of convocation. For safety reasons, we are not permitting any photos on or around school property June 18th.
4. Convocation boxes arrive this week! Convocation boxes will be distributed by student advisor at the end of the morning on Friday, June 11th. If you are not at school that day or are an at-home learner, please call the school to make arrangements for box pick up at the office beginning Monday, June 14th.
5. We will stream our events live! The link for the live streaming will be found on our school website www.chs.lethsd.ab.ca later this week. As in years past, this allows family and friends who are unable to attend to watch the events unfold live or at a later day/time should you be unable to view live or if you want to view other ceremonies.
6. Check out the Convocation video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucbxirw_EAA on our YouTube channel at about the 4:54 minute mark. We used this video last year to provide a visual so you know what to expect for parking. While the first 5 minutes of the video are similar explanations from last year, there are a few differences, so please disregard and use the current information we have provided via email and on our website.
The staff at Chinook have again been working very hard to plan for a format we have only ever tackled once before. We have tried to anticipate any potential problems and planned accordingly, always with the safety and well being of all participants leading the decision making. If we run into a snag or hiccup along the way, we ask for your continued patience and cooperation.
We are very excited to be celebrating this important day despite the circumstances of this year.
Lethbridge Herald Grad 2021 Special Section
Chinook Graduation Information
Chinook High School hosts two separate events; the Grad Gala and Convocation. Students will have the opportunity to celebrate completing 12 years of school at the Grad Gala Banquet and Dance, which will be held on Friday, May 8th at the University of Lethbridge. All grade 12 students are welcome to attend this event. Convocation Cap & Gown ceremonies will be held on Friday, June 19th at Chinook High School. Students who meet the requirements for an Alberta High School Diploma are welcome to participate in the Convocation Ceremony.
Grad Gala Banquet & Dance
Grad Gala Banquet and Dance
Friday, May 8th at the University of Lethbridge
Mix & Mingle: 4:30 p.m., Grads announced at 6:00 p.m., dinner at 7:10 p.m.
- Cost per person $55
- Program (speeches and recognitions)
- Dance to follow for all Grade 12 students, families and guests
Friday, June 19th at Chinook High School
•Grade 12 students who have met the requirements to receive a high school diploma can participate.
•All students will receive 6 Convocation tickets free of charge.
Grad caps and gowns will be available for pick-up on one day only, Wednesday, June 17th from 8am-12 noon. You must pick up your cap and gown that day, no exceptions.
Each graduate will receive six tickets for convocation at the time of cap and gown pick-up. If you do not need all six tickets, please leave the unwanted tickets in the basket in the pick-up room so that those who do need extra tickets will be able to use those tickets.
Grads need to be at the school by 3:15 pm to line up alphabetically by advisor group. Convocation begins at 4:00 p.m.
All textbooks and library books must be returned in order to pick up the cap and gown. Please ensure all school fees have been paid as well.
CAP AND GOWN
Please try on your cap and gown as soon as you receive it. If there are any issues, please let us know ASAP.
Please iron your gown and the stole on low heat.
You do not need to return the cap, gown or stole. They are yours to keep.
How do I order? Images will be posted online and the site will be communicated to the grads through a proof system. Your 5x7 handshake picture will be mailed direct, along with an information piece guiding them to the location of all the rest of the images.
If any grad has not been photographed by Lifetouch and wishes to have access to the site, please contact Lifetouch with your current mailing address so you can be added to the mailing database. If Lifetouch doesn’t have a current address for you, your image will be available for pick-up from the Lifetouch office where it can be picked up in September.
* IMPORTANT - Proofs and packages will be sent to the address provided when graduates registered for their formal portrait sitting. If you did not have a formal sitting please call or email our office to provide shipping information prior to convocation day: firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-255-5440.
If you have questions regarding your complimentary 5X7, additional orders or access to online ordering please call 1-800-505-9496.
Watch Chinook Convocation LIVE by following these steps: Go to www.youtube.com and search Chinook High School. You will be able to watch the Convocation ceremonies by selecting the video that reads LIVE NOW. Convocation is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. on Friday, June 19th.
Alberta Education does not mail out diploma exam results or diploma statements. All information will be available to students on the Alberta Education myPass system where you can view and print diploma exam result statements, order transcripts, as well as view and print detailed academic reports (DAR). If you have not already created your personal myPass account you must pick up information in the office to get started now.
Parking is extremely limited and we encourage you to carpool if at all possible. Please do not park on the roundabouts or medians as your vehicle will be towed.